September 30, 2011

Wunderbar Gut

It's confession time.  I am officially addicted to Amish fiction.  Yes, I know what you're thinking.  Really, though.  It is so good.  It is usually love stories with some drama thrown in for good measure, and I tell you, I can't stop.

In the past 6 months I've probably read over 20 Amish books.  I also listen to an Amish podcast!  I told you, I'm addicted.

I think the appeal to me is the pure love story, the simple living (not easy!), and the fact that most of these authors follow a family or group of people throughout their books. I get sad when books end and I can't follow along with characters I love anymore!  Anyone else?

My favorite author is Beth Wiseman.   She started this entire obsession with her Daughters of the Promise series.  Then I moved on to Barbara Cameron, then Kathleen Fuller, then Beverly Lewis, then....you get the idea.

I'm currently halfway through An Amish Christmas, and it is so good!  It is three different stories, but they follow a group of people in an Amish community.  I love how the people overlap in the stories.  I stayed up way too late reading about Lydia and Daniel last night!



Whew! I'm glad to have that off my chest!  So, spill it, what is your currently obsession/guilty pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...