October 13, 2011

Tired

I often find myself saying, "I'm so tired." or thinking, "I'm so sick of being tired all the time."

On Tuesday, I was tired.  I felt really run-down and just not right, so when I put Blake down for his nap, I took a nap too.  Usually when I lay down, fifty million things run through my head, but not on that day.  I fell right asleep and woke up to my alarm I had set for 2 hours later.  I felt refreshed.  I also felt guilty.  I hadn't done my cleaning and other chores.  I hadn't caught up on my coupons, done the laundry, and on and on.

Then I read this post by Leo Babauta from zenhabits.  I felt slightly less guilty.  I love posts like this.  Read here.

When I was reading it, I was thinking, "yeah, duh".  But that is the thing, these are common sense ideas that get bogged down with the things that I feel have to get done.  Will those things be there when I get up, after my break, or even tomorrow? Yes.  Will the world end if my house isn't clean?  No.  Will my health suffer if I push, push, push?  Yes.  It seems like an easy choice.

Do you feel the same way?  Have you made changes along the way that have helped you slow down?  I would love to hear your changes.

I feel like I need to print out this post and put it on my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...