October 05, 2011

What do you do with all your free time?

This is a question I get a lot these days.  I've entered another chapter in my life because each Tuesday and Thursday morning for 2 hours I am kid-free.  This is a big change for a stay-at-home Mom like myself.  Something I haven't had in 5.5 years!

With that comes a lot of questions, such as:

1.What are you doing with all your free time?
2.Isn't it nice to just relax and do nothing?
3.Aren't you bored?

Well the answers are simple.

1. Explained in pictures below.
2. Relax? What's that?
3.  NO!

I've decided to blog a typical Tuesday morning for you all.

6:15 Wake-Up/Shower/Dress
7:00  Wake Up kids, fix breakfast, get kids dressed, fix hair, pack lunch boxes, etc, etc.
8:15  Get backpack, coats, lunchbox and head out the door for our walk to school
8:35  Drop-off Ava at Kindergarten
8:40-9:00  Sit in school lobby talking to other Pre-k parents waiting for class to start.
9:00 Drop off Blake at Pre-K

9:00-10:40

Head upstairs to grab laundry.  See the cats bird watching.  Head downstairs to throw a load in the washer.

Start cleaning.  First stop, Blake room.  Find Georgey with Ba cuddled up in his bed.


Next stop, Ava's room.  Find Betsy reading her book as I get that room clean.



Next stop, living room. Pick up toys and sort them.  These are going back to the basement for a while.

Find this drawing by my budding artist.  It's a "pirate on an island with lots of clouds and rainbows."


I realize I'm really hungry and didn't eat breakfast!  I go get a piece of homemade apple pie made by my husband. It is yummy.  He used Mutsu apples this time.



Next stop dining room. I was embarrassed by this room, so no pictures.  After cleaning up the tornado, head into the kitchen and empty the dishwasher.

Start to clean the counters and realize it's already 10:45.  Get shoes on and head out the door for pick-up.

11:00 Play at the park for a few minutes. Walk home.
11:15  Get his "yellow bike" out and take a walk/ride around the neighborhood.
12:00 Lunch!
12:30 Nap

1:00 Finish all the cleaning I didn't get done.

The rest of the week:  repeat, repeat, repeat.





3 comments:

  1. okay...first of all, those pictures from their bedrooms made my heart swell. SO SWEET! I love, love, looooove it.

    second, i love how people think that just because you are a stay at home mom you have all the free time in the world. a woman's work is NEVER done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that Mari's in school I'm asked those same questions all the time. I need to invite people over to spend a day with me. Always something to do around here. Just heard my alarm go off- laundry is ready & my lunch break is ending now... be back soon! :)

    love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew my fellow SAHM would understand this post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...