January 13, 2011

Crock-Pot Thursday: Pulled Chicken

Thursdays are busy for us.  My son has his  pre-preschool class in the afternoon and then later that afternoon my daughter has her ballet class.  That means that dinner prep time is non-existent.  So I declared Thursday as "Crock-Pot Thursday".

This is really the easiest meal and tastes really good.  I have posted this before on my other blog but if you are new, then I thought you might like this one.



Ingredients:

2 Cans Chicken Broth
2 Large Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts (or 4 small)
BBQ Sauce (We like Sweet Baby Rays)

Pour one can chicken broth in crockpot set on low. Put in your chicken breasts and pour 2nd can of chicken broth. Make sure the chicken is completely covered with liquid.

Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Check chicken to make sure it is cooked completely. It should be very tender at this point. Place chicken on cutting board and begin to "pull". Take 2 forks and pull using each fork with the grain of the chicken.

After chicken is pulled. Empty out leftover broth in crockpot and place pulled chicken back in pot. Add as much BBQ as you like. I like to add just enough so that it just moist. Cook on low for 1/2 hour more.

Simple, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...