January 17, 2011

Recipe: Italian Meatloaf

I tried out a new recipe this past weekend, Italian Style Meatloaf, and thought I would share it with you all. It came from allrecipes which is where I usually find my new recipes. I actually went to look for an old favorite but discovered this one.  This one would work for a work night or a weekend. For a work night I would suggest mixing it up the night before and placing it in the fridge overnight.


1.5 lbs. ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cups dry bread crumbs (I used Italian, that's all I had)
1/4 c. ketchup
1 t. Italian Seasonings
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. dried basil
1 t.  garlic salt
Pepper to taste
1-14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1.5 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl mix together all ingredients.  I used my hands to make sure everything was mixed really well.   Press into a 9X5 in. loaf pan.  Cover loosely with foil.

Bake for one hour in preheated oven or until internal temp is 160 degrees F.

My Review:
Using this recipe it took 1.5 hours to get to the internal temperature of 160 degrees.  Next time I plan to cut the recipe in half and bake in mini loaf pans.  I also put it under the broiler a few minutes to form a really crunchy top, which I like.


The meat loaf tasted really good! The seasoning listed were perfect and we didn't add any seasoning once it was on the table.  


Did the kids eat it?
One of the kids ate it. My daughter liked it and ate about half of what we gave her. We told her it was like "a cheeseburger" and that was enough for her to try it.  


My son did not try it, so I don't know if he liked it or not.  He is very picky and it drives me insane.

Overall, we really liked this recipe and I will add it into our rotation. It's a great meal for a cold night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...