January 21, 2011

Winter Fun: UNO

When I was growing up I used to love going down to my Grandparents' house and playing Uno.  My Grandma used to call it "you-know" which I thought about passing on to my kids, but I didn't.

My daughter got the Handy Manny version for her 3rd birthday and she really loved it.  After awhile she got more games and it found it's way to the back of the closet.



A few months ago we pulled out the Memory game and started to play with both the kids.  Blake was immediately hooked. He loves playing games.  His favorite right now though is UNO.  This version is great for preschool-K because it has colors, pictures, and numbers. It grows with them.




He tries very hard to only pass out 5 cards, but we are still working on that aspect.  We also keep the cards on the floor, face up to make it easier for all of us.  Blake has already figured out that if he doesn't have a color, he can match the picture. He also understands "Wild" with a little prompting.

The game costs around 5 bucks and you can find it a the major chain stores.  Try it out.

What other games do you/have you played with the preschooler in your life?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...