January 24, 2011

Recipe: Pizza Dough

My parents bought me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for Christmas last year and it came with a little cookbook.  I decided to try out the pizza dough recipe and I haven't looked back!

I always cook our pizza on a pizza stone.  I got ours from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I love it. It makes the crust crispy, which I love.

Pre-Heat Oven to 450 degrees F.

Ingredients:

1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (between 110-115 degrees)
1/2 t. salt
2 t. olive oil
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 c. all purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in warmed bowl in warmed bowl.  Wait until yeast is bubbly.  Mine usually takes around 5-8 minutes.

Add in salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 c. of all purpose flour.  Attach bowl and dough hook and beat at speed 2 for 1 minute.

Continue on speed 2.  Add in remaining flour 1/2 c. at a time until dough clings to dough hook and cleans side of the bowl.  Sometimes I need to add a few drops of warmed water to make the dough get to this stage.  Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes more.

Place in greased bowl and turning to grease top.

Cover with clean towel and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.

Punch down dough.  Roll out dough on flour covered surface until you reach your desired size and thickness.

Sprinkle warmed pizza stone with corn meal.  Roll out dough on warmed pizza stone.  Cover with you desired toppings.


While I clean up the kitchen, the kids play with the extra dough.



Then, 18-20 minutes later, out comes the hot pizza!



Let me know what you think!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...