January 27, 2011

Crock-Pot Thursday: Pulled Pork

I love a good pulled pork sandwich.  Where I grew up  there were 3 really great places all in my town where I could get one at any time.  Here in Michigan, I know a few places, but nothing really close.  So, I went searching for one that was easy.  Well, I found it here.

The first time I made it my parents had just driven 9 hours to come and visit us. I wanted something that everyone would like (my Dad is very picky) and that was easy.  It was a HUGE hit. My Dad even went back for seconds!


Ingredients:
1-2 lb. pork tenderloin (or similar)
1-12 fl. oz. root beer (I read to get the cheapest possible, so I do)
1 bottle BBQ  sauce. We like Sweet Baby Rays.
Hamburger Buns

Place the pork in the slow cooker.  Pour root bear over the pork.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours until pork shreds easily.  Drain.  Add as much BBQ sauce as you like.  Keep in mind that you can always add more on your sandwich.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It will be up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...